I release a new version of Netios : 0.71.
There are a lot of changes, starting with cosmetics, but the biggest one is the support of multiprocessing.
It is now able to process several routers at the same time, so using it on a large list of machines results in a big speed up.
A downside is that it now requires at least Python 2.6, as multiprocessing started to be supported with this version only. Most Linux distributions now include Python 2.6, but still not all. Anyway it will be more and more the case. If you can’t uprade your distribution, you can stick with 0.60 which still do most of the work fine.
It is also now able to fetch a configuration file remotly, but it requires more testing before I feel confident in the way it works.
The complete changelog :
2009-12-20 (0.71) phocean
* ciscoclass.py : handle correctly the cisco pager — More — so that “show run” mode should work even with large config files
* sshclass.py : allow to override terminal size system settings (make use of the cisco pager to avoid filling the buffer)
2009-11-16 (0.70) phocean
* implement multiprocessing
* improve code documentation
* clean up UI
* reduce useless logging
* netios.py : bug : missing startTime parameter in f_skip_error and f_command functions
I cross my fingers so that there are not too many bugs, but if so, please don’t forget to report it to me.
Check there (tools page) for more details and a download link.